Democratic Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee introduced a bill earlier this month that would enact some of the strictest gun regulations in the history of the country and give the federal government sweeping power to decide who can own a firearm.
The Sabika Sheikh Firearm Licensing and Registration Act, named after a Pakistani exchange student who was murdered in Texas in 2018, would “provide for the licensing of firearm and ammunition possession and the registration of firearms” and “prohibit the possession of certain ammunition.”
WHAT DOES THIS BILL DO?
HR 127 is one of the most sweeping attacks on your Second Amendment rights ever proposed. It would:
- Establish a publicly-searchable gun registry containing your most private information
- Require you to petition an anti-gun Attorney General for a “license” to possess firearms & ammunition
- Further force you to obtain “firearms insurance” from the federal government at a cost of $800 PER YEAR
- Ban numerous rifles, AR pistols, shotguns, .50 (or greater) ammo, and any magazine with a capacity of over 10 rounds
- Slap gun owners with mandatory minimum prison sentences and fines for so-called ‘violations’ of this proposed legislation
Illegal ownership of even A SINGLE ROUND of banned ammo will result in up to $100,000 in fines AND 20 years in prison.
Who do you think is going to be targeted the most with that one? 🧐
— Spike Cohen (@RealSpikeCohen) February 3, 2021